Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anthem Prototype

A lot of casts add their own flavor to their performance. One of the things a lot of casts do is a rocky horror chant, pledge, or anthem with various crowd interactions intertwined in them.

It's done so much because it accomplishes a lot of things. The crowd gets involved, people get used to the idea of talking in a theater, and it make the experience of seeing that cast more memorable.

I've been working on our anthem, and this is the prototype:

'Everyone stand in the air for the Powerful and Irrational Rocky Horror Anthem, and repeat after me

Rocky Horror Virgins and Sluts
We Gather here to sit on our butts
To be aroused, To yell shit loud, To have a good time, hell we paid ten bucks

From the soles of our feet, to Riff Raffs Creep
From Eddie's Vest to the nipples on our chests
We promise to echo All the shit we heard last show

Until we say goodbye
Absolute pleasure until we die
R-O-C-K-Y'


Keep in mind this is a rough draft, and it may be changed, or scrapped completly, I just wanted to get it out there for suggestions.

Also for the last line I'm thinking about getting ride of that and going straight into "give me an R...etc"

Leave comments and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if my dentist would recommend this stuff. I'd have to ask him next time I'm up in Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete